Thursday 27 January 2005

New Year's Eve - 31/12/2004

Got this idea that my Hogmanay is going to be spent in front of the telly. Have not really organised anything, much to my shame. Saw one couple getting off the Stornoway bus outside the Cabarfeidh Hotel with a suitcase. Might have been an idea. Anyway, the library still hasn't got its Internet back, so after a coffee and a paper (Press & Journal is my rag)I went for a walk up Willow Glen to the War Memorial. It's bitterly cold today, made worse by a biting northwest wind. Willow Glen is a nice park. The War Memorial towers above the town as you approach it from the south. Views very nice, over the town, Point and Tolsta. Returned to town via the hospital and the Co-op. Need to buy 4 days' worth, again, as there is no busservice until Tuesday, January 4. Caught the 12.30 bus on Bayhead, to walk from Balallan to Kershader. Thumbed a car, whose driver promptly ignored my request to be dropped off at Kershader - he overshot by 7 km and dumped me on Eishal Junction. Driver drove at excessive speeds. Although it was nice and sunny, the wind was still cold. Fortunately, an elderly crofter pulled up beside me as I was trudging back, and I returned to Kershader at 2.25. Nothing gained by the lifts! Nice ceilidh on the telly before midnight, with Karen Matheson from Capercaillie.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment