Monday 19 December 2005

Sunday 18/12/05

Today dawned windy and very wet. It keeps raining steadily until about 2pm. The wind is also very strong, gusting up to 45 knots (force 9) by 1pm. Have a lazy start to the day, breakfast at 9.30. Mrs B's granddaughter calls in to borrow a scarf for use in a nativity play in church. By 2pm, the rain moves away east, and the sun comes out. Incredible, bearing in mind the downpour we had earlier on. I'm following a US truck driver who has a webcam in his cab. One thing that strikes me about the landscape I see: it's flat and boring. He has to stop late in the morning (his time) because black ice turns the Interstate 40 in New Mexico into a skating rink. Temperature -4C there, +9 here. It's a very quiet day. My dinner is curly kale with spuds and a steak. Mrs B is having beans with a pork steak. She writes Christmas cards. I get complaints that the webcam doesn't show anything at night. Well, what DO you expect? Find one person who accesses my website through a Google search. This is a Swedish user, who is looking for something else, but "red light webcam" produces my cam in 2nd place. Because I describe how you can see the blinking red light of the beacon (have a look after 1600 GMT). I'm sure he wanted something else ...

No comments:

Post a Comment