Monday 27 February 2006

Saturday 25/02/06

Occasional sunshine this morning, after a late 11.30 start. Bird flu fright continues to grow with French turkeys now dying of the infamous H5N1 strain. Discover that the Arnish Lighthouse blog was included in the BBC Ticker on its website. At 2.40, I join mrs B on the bus for a brief visit to her sister elsewhere in Stornoway to celebrate that lady's 78th birthday. She is a dapper lady of frail health, and everybody is more than pleased she has reached 78. Her husband runs us back to Lewis Crofters for a stone (6.35 kg) of potatoes. Nearly got locked in as we forgot the time, looking at all sorts of bits and pieces in there, a lot of outdoor gear. Mrs B serves supper tonight - and I win a tenner on the lottery. Grey weather, with a bitter northeast wind.

2 comments:

  1. Last time my numbers came up on the lottery was the 28th Dec....the day I didn't have a ticket!! Thankfully it was only a tenner I would have won....such a relief!!
    Hope bird flu doesn't reach these shores but thats hoping for too much I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, its time to educate me. A tenner? Also, a Stone? 6.35 kg? Everytime I read one of your journals, I end up with a lot of questions. Maybe I should get a dictionary? You think?
    Sounds like you had a very busy day though.
    Sorry I havent written much lately. I've been so busy! After our vacation, I'll  have more time. All this preparation is killing me!    Later my Friend, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete