Tuesday 17 August 2004

Sleat - 17/08/04

Today dawned bright and sunny, and I wound my way by bus down to Armadale in the morning. After having a pizza for lunch on Armadale pier, I decided to give the Mallaig ferry a miss and head up the road into Ardvasar. Oh, didn't mention the fantastic road widening scheme on the A851 down from Broadford. I proceeded in warm sunshine down the road past Ardvasar, finally to flop down on a hillock near the old School House. This is now a dwelling house, but I cannot understand how someone can live there. The nearby cattle grid gives off a frightful racket every time someone drives over it. Enjoyed the views up and down the Sound of Sleat for a little while. Walked a little way past Tormore farm, where all the roadsigns along a very tricky stretch of road had been reversed. I turned them back round again. Took myself back into Ardvasar to look for accommodation. No luck at all. One B&B was deserted, although Radio 2 was blaring out. The hotel was fully booked, so in the end I just caught the bus to Broadford. The TIC is closed when I arrive there at 5.50 pm, the hotels are fully booked as are the B&B's. OK, the youth hostel still has beds so, and I don't mind spending a night there. A group of Hungarian people are staying there, and they are having great fun fornicating. Had a fast food meal at the youth hostel: baked beans and fruit salad.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the straightforward language. Broadford YH would see a lot more of me two months later, but not with as interesting company as that randy lot. They even pointed out 'whores' to me.

    ReplyDelete