Thursday 12 August 2004

Thursday 12/08/04

At 7 a.m., I check out of the hotel in Glasgow and head for Queen Street Station,uncertain of my destination for the day. After a bite from a fast foodoutlet, I jump on the 8.12 to Fort William. The ride is familiar, and Ihop off at Corrour at 11 for an amble in the hills. I cross the lineafter the train departs and head west, for an outlying spur of Leum Uilleam. I watch as the hideously delayed Sleeper train creeps throughCorrour station at 1 pm, four hours late. I rejoin the Fort Williamtrain at 3.30, and duly arrive there an hour later. The TIC / TouristInformation Centre scrapes the barrel for me and digs out a room for meat a B&B just up the hill from them. Very pleasant lady. Go out fora meal in the hotelbar of the Ossian hotel. People are trawling thetown for rooms at 8 pm.

1 comment:

  1. In October and November I would be returning to Fort William for a much longer stay, for about a fortnight.

    ReplyDelete