Sunday 19 November 2006

Storm!

Last night, I wrote about the weather forecast, threatening us with gales. Well, they're here. Last reading showed 41 mph winds, that's 36 knots or a full force 8. The wind gusted up to 55 mph, 48 knots or equivalent to force 10. We're going to get even stronger winds later tonight.

Sunset at the moment is at 4pm, so I'm going out in a minute and hope to return with plenty of stormy pics. My webcam is showing some sort of view, but only for another hour (after posting this).

Will post pictures later. Live weather reports from Eoropaidh [25 miles north of here, near the Butt of Lewis] can be seen here; click on Weather. You can see a better webcam image on that site as well.

4 comments:

  1. I just came on over to your journal...want to get caught up some and saw the storm...immediately I went to your cam.  Rain all over the lens...I saw a car go by...stay safe...don't go out in that mess.  Going to read more in your journal...hope you are well and thank you so much, for all your prayers and concerns...it means so much to our family.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep safe Guido!  That sounds like a terrible storm.  That wind is STRONG!!  It would blow ME away and I'm not a small lady!
    Stay safe, stay inside, start a fire and just enjoy the storm.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying the storm passes with everyone safe and sound.  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Guido
    thank you for praying for Joyce's family! that meant so much to me!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete