Wednesday 1 November 2006

Faux pas

French words, meaning a wrong step or more appropriately, a wrong move. Well, Cathy described one, when a senior college student turned up dressed as Adolf Hitler. The young man in question didn't have the guts to go home on public transport dressed like that, not before donning a large coat to cover his costume. Other students didn't go to that bother.

Prince Charles, heir to the British and Commonwealth Throne, gave a wee bit too much information yesterday. Attending a school for girls in Pakistan, he announced that at the time of that country's independence (1947), he was being conceived.

His son, Prince Harry (I think it was), committed a faux pas a few years back when he attended a fancy dress party decked out in full Nazi uniform. It's one thing that an American high school student does that. A potential heir to the throne should at least have been advised not to do that.

Anybody else got any toe-curlers?

4 comments:

  1. What about Bush's law beginning next year to change Daylight Saving Time?  I'll post an entry - it curled my tooties alright.  As for the spare heir, I hear he tends toward the papparazzi-grabbing attention most times, and let's face it, if Mom were alive bless her heart, she never would've allowed it.  Perhaps it says more about Dad than it does the son.  He needs time and direction, poor kid.  Needs his Mum back.  I don't envy him.  CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guido ,I wasnt giving Prince Charles my full attention ,on TV last night ,and thought I was hearing things ,thanks for the clarification,he was telling us about when he was  concieved,.,.,oo er ,.,.love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe it when Harry did that!  I was so appalled.  Where was his dad?  Busy with Camilla I suppose.  His mum definitely would have pulled in the reins on that one.
    So Charles actually SAID that?? GAWD!  
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. my fp? my bf did up a haunted house for his 8 yr old's friends this past weekend. i was the only adult not 'dressed' to entertain them. one little boy asked what i was. i said i was a financial advisor for medical practices(quite true, but...), & he cried lol.~Mary

    ReplyDelete