Monday 6 November 2006

Flu jab (UK)

Those aged 65 or over are being urged to attend their GP for an influenza vaccination. Other groups, who are deemed to be particularly vulnerable such as chronically ill or those working in the frontline of health care, will also be invited to be immunised.

Thousands of working hours are lost each year due to the 'flu; worse than that, thousands die unnecessarily of influenza and its attending complications.

Don't confuse a cold with flu. Influenza will lay you up for a fortnight and will be accompanied by high fevers (up to 105F / 40C). Anything that goes away within a few days is not flu.

4 comments:

  1. Yes Guido I have been ,you must remember me whinging about it! he he he ,.,.,love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guido...How long is a fortnight?  Sorry to bother, it's just not an expression I use.
    Thanks...Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my flu jab about three weeks ago as i am Asthmatic...

    Astra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a doctor once say if you can get out of bed to pick your mail up from the door mat you haven't got 'flu! I had it once in 1973, it's something you never forget having! My uncle died of it when we had the epidemic in 1957-8. Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete