Saturday 13 May 2006

Friday 12/05/06

Early morning rain leaves off before breakfast, and the day becomes nice if cold. Mrs B's nephew and his wife take her and me for lunch at the Woodlands Centre. I have a very nice vegetarian pasta-bake. After finishing this at 2.50, we run a few errands around the Anderson Road area before closing proceedings outside Somerfields. I walk back to mrs B's without a coat; my woollen jumper keeps me warm enough. I find in the news that a girl of 11 is due to give birth, having fallen pregnant whilst drunk. Her mother is very proud of her (WHAT??) and the boy that did it to her (aged 15) is due in court for rape. On E4, I watch Wife Swap, but switch off after 20 minutes. I'm totally disgusted. First of all, the two women concerned were dramatically opposed. One was a non-socialite who had set up home in Shawbost (here in Lewis) and had no friends. The other was - well, beyond description. I began to feel sympathetic towards the Lewis resident, but her attitude and falsehoods about Lewis destroyed that. Nearest take away is not 40 miles away; Stornoway is 18 miles from Shawbost. And you don't come here for the take-away. Next week: Big Brother 7 is due to pollute our screens. No thanks. Anyway, spectacular sunset and moonrise around the 10pm mark, see gallery. It remains light until AFTER midnight.

1 comment:

  1. Also have a look on Croila's blog, under this entry: http://www.croila.net/2006/05/12/disgusting/

    ReplyDelete