Wednesday 3 May 2006

Tuesday 02/05/06

A cloudy start to the day, with a bit of wind. I head to the library at 10 a.m., expecting to meet the Secretary of the Stornoway Historical Society. He had promised to hand some pictures to me. Unfortunately, I didn't see him during the 50 minutes I waited, so went out again. The hairdressers has closed down, the Post Office resembles a can of sardines and the Baltic Bookshop charges me the earth for a ream of paper. When I leave Somerfields at 11.15, it starts to rain. Two American guests arrive at 12.40 after an 18 hour journey from Arizona. It's pouring with rain at that point. The Arizonans had a bumpy flight up from Glasgow. Mrs B goes out shopping with her nephew. I inform the new guests about where to eat and much more. Their jetlag catches up with them on their return from An Lanntair and they flake out until about 10pm. Rain ceases at around 8.15 and the sun comes out at 8.25. I put together a travel itinerary for our American guests. Our Skye friend of fire-extinguisher fame turns up for another week's work in SY.

Forgot to mention that the ferry came into port at 7.45. As it approached the beacon, a wee fishing boat was in the channel. The Isle of Lewis imperiously blew its horn and the boat scooted off into Sandwick Bay. See pic above.

No comments:

Post a Comment