Tuesday 15 March 2005

Tolsta - 4/3/05

Headed out for an afternoon's trip to Tolsta at 11.45, arriving at New Tolsta at 12.25. As per usual, when I go to Tolsta, it's cold, windy but bright. I head across to Garry Beach to have lunch on one of the picnic benches. One car is parked at the public lavatory. When I return at 1.30, the car has left and the beach is empty. Traigh Mor is as beautiful as ever. My attempt to climb one of the grassy slopes at its southern end is aborted, after I get stuck on an uncomfortably steep section. I have great trouble getting back down to the beach, as the rucksack is in the way. Return to Tolsta as per previous visit, through a field and past a dead sheep. Pick up the bus after waiting in a windshaken busshelter. Still no time to go on to Tolsta Head. The return trip through all the villages brings me back to Stornoway at 4.40pm. Weather remains chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment