Tuesday 27 February 2007

File Manager - my personal opinion

AOL File Manager is an outdated, user unfriendly part of AOL, and it looks as if it's for the chop. Unfortunately, I have it in use for storage of pictures related to my AOL hosted website. Pictures I can easily relocate to Photobucket or FlickR.

How about the FTP part of it though? I have my website on there - am I going to lose that once they axe FM? How about text files I have on AOL?

I've emailed Stephanie with these questions, and encourage all to do the same - on a constructive basis please. I think AOL should replace FM with something more up to date, and preferably user-friendly.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Guido, I have some great graphics stored on AOL File Manager. I know of no way to get them out of there and put them somewhere else.  Just because they could not get it to work properly they should not pull the plug entirely.  They should come up with a new version of File Manager that is as user friendly.  Many people like it because it is the best system and saves using the HTML codes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really , really detest using the HTML codes. This is NOT something I'm happy to hear. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete