Sunday 18 February 2007

Spam and customer service

Received a spam email from what appeared to be a Verizon customer. I am aware that email addresses can be forged, so I will not give the name quoted. I am writing this post to detail my experiences at the hands of Verizon's customer services department.

First of all, they do not appear to realise that people may want to contact them from outside the USA to complain about the activities of one their customers. I had to put in a fake state ID before I could proceed anywhere. Then I was contacted with an automated message, followed 24 hours later by what looked like a parboiled message from their customer services department.

Why do I say parboiled? Well, it's simple. I told them that I had received this spam from one of their customers and said they could have it if they gave me an email addy. Their reply was to say they were aware of the recent phishing scam, although I didn't give details which spam it was (another PayPal one). And I could access state-specific security advice at a location on their site. They didn't read my message. I specified I was emailing from the UK. How totally useless.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it annoying when it's obvious they've totally ignored what you write? Reminds me of my boss! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same e mail too! when you went to the link it asked you for your bank details which I didnt give, I`ve also had this with someone saying that my AOL account wasnt up to date and could I update my bank details to proceed with the payment again I didn`t do it!
    bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting about Verizon...thanks for sharing..take care.
    Have a great week ahead...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete