Tuesday 20 February 2007

Hurricane update - 20 February (2)

Hurricane Favio continues on its path northwest towards Mozambique. When I checked the Tropical Cyclones blog's Sitemeter, I noticed a lot of interest from Africa, particularly South Africa and Ghana, with one or two readers in Mozambique. I hope my info comes in useful and is relayed to those that have to hear about it.

In Favio's wake, two other cyclones are gathering pace. When checking the satellite pictures for the Indian Ocean, I noticed the typical swirl of the tropical hurricane 1,200 miles east of La Reunion. The JTWC interim update suggested that this system is blowing up at a fast rate. The projection from the hurricane centre on La Reunion shows it making for the area north of the island. The second system, west of Sumatra, may be developing equally quickly.

Looks like a bad week out there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... it sure does sounds nasty out in the indian ocean!  

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete