Saturday 17 June 2006

Colds

I'm not given to moan on-line (hardly ever, ok). Better put a brave face on it, and face it with a wink. Bloody cold...

Anyway, there was this scare regarding bird-flu a few months back. One swan found itself flying over the North Sea. Midway between Holland and Scotland it began to feel a little under the weather. On approach to the eastcoast, it began to feel crap. It landed in a small town in the district of Fife and was found dead not long after.

Advice was given for anybody starting to feel crap to consult a doctor, as death might be imminent. The use of the word "crap" is NOT my idea; I am quoting from an official report (instance 1) and a satirical BBC Radio program (instance 2).

Although I do feel **** at times, I'm not going to consult a physician over a runny nose and feeling bunged up. All will be well by Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better.  No fun to be sick!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete