Wednesday 28 June 2006

Useless

AOL Live Help - don't we all love it? Today, I have been unable to access AOL emails from my Internet Explorer browser - it's still accessible from the AOL software though. The hours wore on and I still got error code C0FE1801. I checked the FAQ, and it basically means there is a systems outage. I thought I'd enquire how long it was going to last, so I went to AOL Live Help. Well, it didn't help me an ounce. It was 27 minutes of wasted time. It was totally the wrong answer and the man didn't have the foggiest what I was talking about.

Note: In an earlier version of this entry, I had copied the conversation. Decided to withdraw that, I think we've all been there.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing 'too much information '...good old AOL .....Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, got the badge and bought the Tshirt. Have concluded I'm an idiot - what am I paying aol for? Just remembered, it's the lovely journalling community on here. No other reason. Take care.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, got the badge and bought the Tshirt. Have concluded I'm an idiot - what am I paying aol for? Just remembered, it's the lovely journalling community on here. No other reason. Take care.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't lost the plot - honest! Aohell told me journals were unavailable, each time I tried to save the comment(s) below.
    Keep laughing or you'll cry on here.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's taking so long to save comments tonight, I think I may give up. I make a comment and press save then have to sit twiddling my thumbs for ages till it gets back to the journal! AOL stink! Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww Im so sorry Pharmolo!
    huggggggggggggggggs
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  7. C0FE1801
    It's been 3 days and I have been on the phone with aol.  using my cell phone minutes.

    no fix- still down

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also had this error message when accessing the aol mail from my laptop. Access through another computer on the same home network worked just fine. I guess this must be due to some difference in the configuration of the two machines, although both run XP, have the same AV/AS, run on the same wireless network etc. Good luck anyone trying to resolve this.........

    ReplyDelete