Sunday 29 July 2007

DIY mum

A woman took the term DIY to a new level when she gave birth in the paint aisle of a DIY store in Leicester. Her waters broke in the lady's toilet, and she phoned her husband. He came to pick her up, but ended up delivering a baby daughter in the store without problems. Staff assisted, either at the birth itself or by blocking off aisles to maintain as much dignity as possible for the new mum. Since then, pregnant ladies have visited the store, asking for the delivery suite.

8 comments:

  1. Poor lady! I cant imagine it happening in a public place.
    lj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the movie that was out a few years ago of the little gal who had her baby in a Wal Mart store. Linda in Washington  state

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'd have been horrified if it were me.  Glad they were all safe.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that is taking Do It Yourself to a whole new level. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't fair that some women have such a fast delivery, that she didn't even have time to get out of the store.... that's almost no labor.... Hmmm!!  Well, I'm glad they're all well!!

    Take Care,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'm glad I clicked on your journal right now. That was one funny story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it all worked out in the end...thanks for sharing..have a great week.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story to tell your kids!  I'm glad mother and baby were okay.  (And hopefully dad came out of it unscathed as well.)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete