Monday 16 July 2007

Project 2996 - Norberto Hernandez

Ten months ago, six thousand bloggers set about the task of writing tributes to the 2,996 people known to have died in the attack on the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York on 11 September 2001. It was referred to as project 2996. This year, there will not be a coordinated effort, but anyone who wants to write a tribute is welcome to do so.

My tribute was for Norberto Hernandez, and I got a late reply to it this evening, which I'd like to share as it comes from his close family.


This was extremely well done.  Norberto Hernandez was my uncle, as he was my mother's brother.  It is so kind of you to post a tribute to him, and take away from his reference as the 'falling man'.  References to him as that made us as the family feel absolutely helpless, angry, hurt, and distressed.  We miss Nico everyday that passes.  Our family has never been the same.  As you mentioned in your tribute, we also lost Claribel... who was a doll.  The only comfort I have is that both Nico and Claribel are in a better place, free of pain and suffering, and are our Angels, looking down on us, and are our guiding lights.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about them.  Once again, thank you for this.  It was beautiful.

- Anjoli Khatri (21)
#17 Comment from angel4860 - 16/07/07 22:19

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful reply Guido. I saw soemthing about Norberto on TV a while back. I'm so glad that you broke the habit of him being named 'The falling man'. I really feel for him and his family, and of course, all who were lost! I'm glad you got a reply.

    Lv Ste
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you to have been read by family ,and to know you gave comfort to them ,...love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you Guido for your efforts in this project and God continue to bless and heal this family and the others.  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, neither he nor his SIL will ever truly be forgotten, nor the many others.  I'm glad that the family has found your tribute (which really is quite nicely done).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice compliment to you.  You did do a good job on that tribute.  I'm glad the family was able to read it and let you know how they felt.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!!!  How wonderful that he found your entry!!!!  Awesome....

    I bet that makes your heart just sing...

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tribute you did for that man.  I'm sure his family will always remember and appreciate the wonderful job you did.  I wanted to thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers that are being offered for my sister, I am overwhelmed.  I can tell by your writing that you are a truly caring person.  I'm so glad I've gotten to know you through this journal.  Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was nice to hear from someone who knew him... I wrote a tribute for John Frederick Rhodes, Jr., but no one has contacted me about it. I keep the link to my tribute in my About Me column. I read your tribute... very well done. How did you find the quilt? I wonder now if Mr. Rhodes had a quilt made in his honor. How could I find it? THanks, bea

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely reply.
    love and hugs
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice thing to hear from his family even after so long. I remember when everyone did the tributes. I wonder if anyone else has heard from families? Glad you did.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete