Saturday 21 July 2007

Saturday notes - midday

Right, the copy of Harry Potter VII lies next to me, and will be read in due course. Before I read that, I'll finish the Children of Hurin by Christopher Tolkien, in which I have progressed to page 150. Children were walking around town with their nose in the HP book.

Weather here is nice, a good deal nicer than in southern England where they're having wet feet. We can expect rain later this weekend, which will be welcome: it's been very dry of late.

In the wake of the recent diplomatic spat between the UK and Russia, two Russian planes were challenged near UK airspace close to Aberdeen. It bears an uncanny resemblance to the cat and mouse games of the Cold War. Many thanks to Vladimir Putin, I'm bound to say.

7 comments:

  1. You are killing son2, lol, even though I preordered the book, so many already have a copy and he is waiting for the UPS man today who may not even come til 6pm......
    Enjoy your books!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not raining here at the moment.  But I see big puddles remaining in my driveway from the rain that fell yesterday and during the night.  Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here where I'm from they had big parties in the bookstores and grocery stores that were carrying HP VII... kids and adults alike were standing in line, dressed in various characters from the HP series...

    P.S. By the way Guido, just wanted to take a moment and say thank you for your care and concern for me and my family as we face some tough challenges. You have been a godsend and your thoughtfulness has not gone unnoticed. I just wanted you to know that your kindness is deeply appreciated far more than you know... God Bless You always my friend...

    Mik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather wise we are going to get a break in the rain, at least for the weekend.
    Love to see the children reading.  Three cheers for HP.   Have a good weekend.
    Dawn       http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you got your book!!  Enjoy!
    Take care...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy your reads and your weekend! Take care and thank you for sharing the news! Have a happy one!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putin is an ass and brought this all about... ugh...

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete