Monday 30 July 2007

Wrong label


Every now and again, I buy microwaveable meals in Somerfields - they heat up in 5 minutes or so and are of good quality. When I first came to Stornoway they had a greater variety of ready meals than at present. One of the discontinued lines was House Special, a mixture of pork, prawns and various vegetables. When I saw it sitting on the shelf this afternoon, I was very happy and bought one.

An hour ago, I put it in the microwave. When I put it on the plate I realised something was wrong. This was not House Special, it was Sweet and Sour. Another favourite of mine, but NOT what it said on the sleeve. So, I duly went back to Somerfields to inform them. I could have asked for my money back, but I like sweet and sour, and I thought it was more important to advise them of this quite serious error.

If you buy a House Special from Somerfields with an expiry date of 3 August, watch out.

7 comments:

  1. What a thing to happen  Hope that the shop reports it to HO.  Maybe you should have done that. some folks could have an alergy to someting in the sweat and sour.    Thanks again for the latest news.  Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks nice we have a Somerfield,must check this out ,...love Jan zz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have told there Customer care you might have gotton a few more supplies of the right stuff.
    bella x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's pot luck with what you end up with for dinner! I'm glad you liked sweet and sour too. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just slightly scary, with all the stuff going on about food lately.  Glad it was one you liked.  Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked it...but they do need to be more careful about their packaging.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had that happen to me. Sorry about that Guido.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete