Friday 20 July 2007

Friday notes - afternoon

Blazing sunshine in the islands today, which saw our visitors reduced to boiled lobsters. I helped mrs B out with a bit of weeding in the front garden. Those of you watching the webcam between 2 and 3pm local time could have glimpsed some of the action. What that picture of a flooded street is all about? Well, just confirmation that once again, we're having the best weather in the country. Yon picture is Maidenhead in Berkshire, affected by a 1 inch an hour cloudburst. More info here.

Went to the shop to get frozen fish for a fish & chips meal: cabinet empty and out of action. That doesn't help, so it'll be a fish-finger meal for supper in a minute or two. I can hear you think, fish again? Yes.

The planet Saturn is having a lot flying around its backdoor. Apart from a collection of rings, it is now known to have 60 (yep, sixty) moons going round in circles. Using the Cassini spacecraft, moon sixty was discovered on May 30th.

7 comments:

  1. I have a cousin in Maidenhead...I hope he's got his rain gear on if he's out in his garden.   Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know Guido?   I have moaned and groaned about the rain, but at least we haven't had floods this year.. so far!
    I would have thought you would have always had 'fresh fish' straight from the fishing boats?   By jings I enjoyed it all the way around Scotland earlier this year.  It just tastes so 'fresh'.   I felt as though I wanted to kick Captain Birdseye into touch once I got home!  Lol!  
    If I was allowed... I would live on fish.   Maybe I was a mermaid in another life.
    Enjy your blazing sunshine.   I was able, at long last, to get a washing out and dried today.  Hurraahh!
    Have a lovely weekend and enjoy 'Captain Birdseye's fruits of the sea for your tea.
    Take care....Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a good day. Down here in Wiltshire we have had torrential rain for 10 hours...eased off now....however I went out this morning  MAD aint the word...I have NEVER  been so wet   when I got home had to change from the skin out !!!   Poor folks that are flooded some for the second time. Luckily I am at the top of a hill so no fear of flooding   Enjoy your fish fingers  Love Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was rather wondering at first glance in my alerts, why the photo of such a flooded street, for an entry starting off with "Blazing sunshine..."  :)  Ah, yes, weather.  Tis interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd eat fish more than I do if we could get it fresh.  In Florida, we would have a friend go out early in the AM and he'd bring us back whatever he caught to have smoked fish for dinner...  ::sigh::  Ok, THAT, I miss about Florida....

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually that picture looks like it does here right now.  It has been raining for 3 days now and I'm ready for summer to come back, not 100 but 80 would be nice.
    Maybe next week.  Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fish too, I can eat them every day. I love them with nothing at all in fact, just the fish grilled or in the oven, even cooked in the fry pan... and yes, the weather is miserable and seems to affect my moods constantly. I guess my body needs some vit. D from time to time.
    Have a good day Guido.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete