Monday 16 July 2007

Rockin' bloggers

Right, I warned y'all. Here are my nominations for Rockin' Girl and Man Bloggers. As I said a few entries back, I think everybody in J-land deserves the title. That's not an idle blanket description. Each journal is unique, because in my perspective every person is unique and precious. However, I've got to single out five of each gender, so here goes.


Donna [nightmaremom] for being among the best producers of tags and snags. That position is born out by the old adage, where I come from, that high trees catch a lot of wind.

Jeannette [jeanno43] is one of the people who have pulled many new bloggers into J-land, and deserves the award for that.

Indigo [rdautumnsage] is a wise writer, with an astute eye for the issues of life common to us all. One of many on here that I deeply respect.

Kim [demandnlilchit] deserves the award for fighting cancer twice with an almost indomitably upbeat spirit, a lighting beacon for all battling the disease.

Last but not least from among the girls: Sugar [sugarsweet056], for being one of J-land mothers, keeping an eye on her flock and looking out for those in need, both human and animal.



Onto the guys, who are unfortunately in a minority.

Kellen [irisheyes1929] for heading up the journals tournaments (edition 5 due shortly), and for having a strong sense of principle, not often found in people his age.

Dirk [tsalagiman1] for having the guts to write what he believes in, even if it is not the generally accepted dictum.

Stevie [steviemoore83] is one of our resident artisans, a budding singer, making his way through life with all the ups and downs that that brings. Good luck in your singing career!

Greg [radar446] is a leading proponent of photography, and his entries are worth following if only to pick up tips or to see some stunning pics from the eastern States.

Last but not least: David [dwhee70041], who writes from his elevated outpost in the Rockies, regaling us with stories of life and weather in the higher reaches of the mountains. Always an interesting read.

12 comments:

  1. Great choices Guido! :o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW Guido, my dear friend...TY for the award, loved the mention & the words you used. God bless.
    Great choices loved them all, will have to visit a couple of the men I'm not familiar with.
    Huggies to you,
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear heart! It means alot to me that you think so highly of my journal. Yours is deserving of every award there is for the compassion you show the rest of us here in J-land. Wonderful choices, I actually read them all except Kellen, I'll have to check out his journal soon. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for the nomination!!!
    -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I only knew of one of these "male" bloggers!  :)  Good nominations.   There is something to be said about each person being unique, and yet getting out there, and blogging in his or her own unique way:)   Great going, Guido.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guido,
    Thank you for your kind words.  It's an honor to be considered for this award.  I was wondering when the guys would be recognized.
    Smiles to you on the Island of Lewis in Northern Scotland from the Colorado Rockies.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know all of the girls...but only two of the guys. I'll have to go and read the new ones you've listed.
    Good choices Guido!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the kind words and the nomination.  I am hoping to get some time to get my nominations together very soon.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  9. aawwwwww Guido thanks!  You are a sweetheart for sure ... it's appreciated.  I'm flattered to have been awarded this several times.... thanks!!  I wil be checking out the guys... don't know all of 'em
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Guido.....Thank you sooo much for this. I really didn't expect it! It means a lot to me..THANK YOU!!

    Lv Ste
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much, Guido!  I really didn't expect anything like this having just started my journal.  Thank you for the tremendous compliment!

    Dirk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks!  I just checked out David's journal for the first time.  I love the photos!

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete