Saturday 22 July 2006

Flies

Indeed, we have a plague of flies in Stornoway. They are a pain in the rear. Whenever you open a window, you'll soon have a dozen buzzing about. I've seen them in about every shop I went into the other day. You just can't win, can you. Do you get a decent day's weather - flies are out, midges are out. They breed in the seaweed, exposed at low tide in the basin. Oh well, I suppose we shouldn't grumble. Just mrs B, who keeps asking me to remove the scars of battle from her windows, walls, doors &c.

2 comments:

  1. I hate flies, & also mosquitos. :(
    Sug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the dirty things we have alot too ,I took my spray can to bed the other night ,cant bear it when they keep dive bombing you as you are just droping of to sleep ......Jan xx

    ReplyDelete