Sunday 16 July 2006

Heatwave

Right, so the south of the UK can expect temperatures to reach about 35C / 95F in the next few days. A regular scorcher.

Well, just for reference, the northwest of the UK is spared that ordeal. Above picture shows the conditions here a minute or two ago. I'm talking about a force 8 gale and pouring rain. Worse than that, North Rona (a small island 70 miles northnortheast of Stornoway) reports gusts of 53 knots (60 mph), which equates to force 11. How do you mean, heatwave?

3 comments:

  1. It's 7:25pm here in Brighton and still over 90 degrees! It's been a beautiful day here; not a cloud in the sky.......wall to wall sunshine with a slight breeze! I can't believe it's so grotty up in Scotland! I nearly moved up there a few years ago, so glad I stayed here now! Jeannette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Guido
    wow! Reading Jeanttes' comments I must admit Im wondering..I mean why do you get that weather about now? and when you get teh storms how do you rescue boats in the water?
    hugs,natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would be a heatwave for you?
    Lori

    ReplyDelete