Saturday 15 July 2006

Webcam

As you may know, I have a webcam pointing out of the window of the computer room which I occupy for a bit too long each day. It shows the Coastguard Station and the Arnish Lighthouse, plus any large ships that come into port. You can access it on http://adb41.camstreams.com.

The other day, I looked at the webcounter (don't use webstats4u, they contaminate your site with pop-ups) and it shows the referrals, i.e. how do people reach the site. The list made my jaw drop (see bottom of entry). On line 11, it distinctly says "red light" and "webcam". The reason is simple. In the description for the webcam (I think it's on my Hometown page http://hometown.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/webcam.html) I refer to the red light of the beacon. This is a light to warn mariners of a reef in the shipping channel. I never expected a Swedish internet user to land on my poor webcam, expecting some babe in a window. Instead he was treated to the view above.

1 comment:

  1. ohh......imao......really making me laugh lol....

    ReplyDelete