Saturday 29 July 2006

Up to date

Everything's up to date - well, not in Kansas City obviously, but at least on this blog. My fingers have grown calluses with all the typing over the last 70 minutes, and everything else. I'm now going to view my mailbag. 52 emails. One item stands out, which I think I'll also post on here:

An on-line buddy of mine sent the following round, and this is a reliable source:
I got an email from AOL today saying it was a TOS with lots of numbers on it. I opened and read it. I said I had a TOS violation and I was to download a link they put in the email and then call them - but it said to download before I called so I could see my violation - well, I did NOT download, I called first! And thank goodness I did call first. The AOL rep told me not to download but to report as spam. He said it was a vicious Trojan virus and to please advise all on-line buddies. The advice was that it does no harm to open the email, but NOT to download. Click "Report as Spam".

1 comment:

  1. You have to be so careful what you open, it's so easy to just not be thinking clearly and do as the email says. Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete