Monday 31 July 2006

Sunday 30/07/06

After the last two actionpacked days, today will be very quiet. The weather is very nice, and in spite of the brisk breeze, I sit outside for an hour or so, doing Sudoku's. A creel doubles as a table to balance cups of tea on. Received an email from a reader of the Iolaire website tells me that the captain of the ill-fated Iolaire was related to Admiral David Beatty, who served in World War One under Jellicoe. Upon his death in 1936, Beatty's estate sent each survivor of the Iolaire Disaster £10. A considerable sum of money in those days, several hundred pounds in today's money. We get a shower of rain late in the afternoon. I cook my Savoy Cabbage Special (see my Recipe Book journal). This weekend, there are no guests.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that cabbage dish!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. did youstudy phoyography at school
    natalie

    ReplyDelete