Saturday 29 July 2006

Late Friday

Well, it's been one of those days. Just came on-line and found 35 emails and more than a dozen alerts, but it's now midnight and after 3 glasses of wine, I cannot concentrate sufficiently to give them the credit they are due.

This afternoon, I braved the drizzle and joined mrs B on a trip to Steinacleit, a Neolithic monument outside Shader, 15 miles north of Stornoway. More in the diary entry, which also will follow tomorrow.

Those following the tropical cyclone updates: no cyclones at the moment.

Regarding the news, I was so disgusted with George W. Bush (sorry USA readers) and the MP for Texas Northwest (Tony Blair, sorry UK readers) waffling away over there in Washington that I switched the telly off.

Finally, if anyone has ideas how I can get my Add Pictures button to work again when adding a journal entry in IE 6.0 and AOL 9.0, I would appreciate it. Since the last Windows Update, it's stopped working. When I right-click and Open Link in New Window, it says page not found. Active-X controls, allegedly. Please?!

2 comments:

  1. The alerts are back and everyone seems to be posting! I can't stand Tony Blair, he always looks to me like the image I have of what the devil looks like!! Can't help on the pictures thingy, mine seems to be working OK, sorry. Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could help, but I've no idea.
    Hmm...let's see...after midnight and three glasses of wine....  Just think of the funny things you might have come up with when commenting in our journals.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete