Wednesday 26 July 2006

Tempting fate

Last year by this time, the Atlantic had spawned seven hurricanes. This year, not one. Yes, we had Alberto in June and Beryl this month. But they were not proper hurricanes, just tropical storms. We were promised a busy season. Not so far - but it's not even August. The Pacific has been flexing its muscles; Hurricane Daniel (now devoid of any tropical status) at one point had 125 mph winds with gusts of 180 mph. Two typhoons on the western side have done quite a bit of damage in eastern China. As I said, I'm probably tempting fate. But after last year's disasters I hope the NHC gets it wrong. I'll plug my Tropical Cyclones journal one more time; I've had the grand total of 2 hits on it so far, the rest are from myself making entries.

3 comments:

  1. It'd be nice for the southern states to miss out this year on the hurricanes after the last few years. I think they've had their fair share! Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...just stopping by. Thanks for stopping by my journal..I will add you so I can read yours too!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe our Southern Gulf states will have a little time to more fully recover before they get hit with another big one.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete