Friday 29 June 2007

Bath toys galore

If you find a whitish/yellow bath toy washed up on your local beach, don't just walk past it. It just may have been on a remarkable journey, which started in the Pacific Ocean 15 years ago. Twenty-nine thousands bath toys were lost overboard a containership in 1992 during a Pacific storm. They were caught up in the world's ocean currents, and floated through the Bering Strait, around the top of Arctic Canada into the Atlantic Ocean. They are now due on the coasts of the UK, also incidentally on the East Coast of the US.

8 comments:

  1. i hope they make it on a shore and into the news!
    lj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading about this interesting tidbit! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness..that was the year my eldest son was born...He has grown tremendously in that time...I can't begin to imagine what a bath-toy adrift for so long , would look like LOL!! Has someone actually been tracking them????Get a life!!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...this is interesting.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be SO cool.
    Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!  I will be looking for those the next time I am at the shore!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when that happened.  I think most or maybe all of them were yellow rubber duckies.   Linda in Washington state  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guido...sorry about 4 alerts...I have been having the same problem!! Whats up with aol???

    ReplyDelete