Thursday 28 June 2007

Close of day

Those anxious about the flood situation in northern England can read the latest update here. As I already mentioned in a comment on Donna's journal, the weather outlook is poor. More torrential rain is forecast for the weekend. I'm dreading the outcome.

Anyone in the UK concerned about flooding near their homes should consult the Environment Agency website. I hope Stevie and his mum Pat, both in Sheffield, are alright. A powercut is affecting 16,000 homes in the city, and they may be two of those.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Guido.. I'm sure it's a power outage, I just hope that's it.  The damage I'm seeing is horrible and my heart goes out to all those in the area.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it must be bad! I'll have to read more about it. I had no idea.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete