Thursday 28 June 2007

Close of day


Went out to picture the sunset, only to get wet. This image is slightly creepy, it looks like two eyes peeping over the horizon. It was the best I got - a shower was moving up, obliterating the sunset.

Forgot to mention that I had herring, potatoes and milk for lunch. A group of 8 trawlers was out fishing for herring late last night. In the past, hundreds of boats would have been out there fishing for herring.


Am waiting for the moon to rise; if I had been at Callanish (I'm not, it's raining every now and again), I could have seen the moon rising between the knees of the Sleeping Beauty. Before y'all scream, the Sleeping Beauty is a range of hills near Airidh a'Bhruaich, 20 miles south of Stornoway and 12 miles southeast of Callanish, the shape of which resembles a reclining woman. The moon will skim the figure before setting behind the Clisham, Lewis & Harris' highest mountain.

* * Just spotted the moon peeping behind the clouds, low over the Arnish Fabrication Yard. She'll move out of the webcam's range very shortly * *

6 comments:

  1. It was beautiful coming to your blog and seeing this sky slowly come into sight.  Dramatic!   Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the sunset picture.  You did get my eyebrow to raise with the Sleeping Beauty comment LOL!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pics the cloud formation with the 2 eyes is great, somebodys watching you! Only 8 fishing for herring is that due to fishing regulations and the lack of fishermen or down to people not liking herrings? I freely admit that i have never tried herrings. I hope you are going to post some photos of the moon and Sleeping Beauty that if you can get a decent enough shot.I hope i am not being forward asking its just that i am interested in everything you have got to show us on Stornoway.
    Love and hugs
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Sleeping Beauty!!! My foster son did the setwork book Callanish last year (and OF COURSE I had to read it as well!) Have you read it?? About the eagle caught and trapped in the zoo, telling all in it of the island Callanish, where it came from.Beautifully written!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that top pic... you are right... it has a creepy feel!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That top  picture almost looks like a carved Halloween pumpkin.  Beautiful picture but really weird.   Linda

    ReplyDelete