Sunday 1 July 2007

Sunday notes

Nice bright afternoon in the islands today, with only some medium-level clouds. A breeze keeps things midge-free.

Following the attack on Glasgow Airport yesterday, two more arrests were made on the M6 motorway near Sandbach in Cheshire. Although the belt, worn by one of the attackers, was not found to be explosive, they were intent on mass-murder. I think that the extensive inconvenience experienced by air travellers in the UK today is a minute price to pay, in comparison to what could have been.

As of today, it is not allowed to smoke indoors in a public place ANYWHERE in the United Kingdom. Hurray!

A worrying development caught my eye whilst scanning the news wires. Apparently, the poor nations of West Africa are increasingly turning to the drugs trade. A boat with 1.2 metric tons of cocaine was found abandoned off Senegal. Plane tickets from Brazil to Guinea Bissau were found on board, fuelling speculation that latter country is turning into a centre for cocaine trafficking. The country's prime minister said he personally ordered the destruction of a recent haul of 674 kg of cocaine, only for the country's high court to assert that this was done whilst NOT observing procedures. More on this story here.

Finally, when I sat down at the PC just now, I noticed this scary looking implement attached to it.

I promptly went looking for another mouse, and to my delight found a dirty but working replacement in a dusty corner.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little mouse, you should have fed it. LOL!
    Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the information.  I did not know that there had been two more arrests.

    I do not fly, I am in fear of flying, and this latest incident has reinforced any reasons that I have, not to fly.  

    By for now,

    John.  

    ReplyDelete