Saturday 5 January 2008

A line a month for 2007

Saw this on Linda's journal, and decided to do it myself.

Here's the idea:  review the past year in your journal by taking the first line from the first post of each month in your journal and putting them in one entry.

January:
Happy New Year to all in the USA, Canada and beyond.

February:
Cyclone Dora is still spinning away in the Indian Ocean, far from land.

March:
The French island of La Reunion has been battered by tropical cyclone GAMEDE between February 23rd and 28th.

April:
Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church in Racine. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.

May:
This coming Thursday, May 3rd, will see elections to the Scottish Parliament, the third such elections since devolution in 1999.

June:
View of Stornoway, looking north at 11.45pm


July:
Nice bright afternoon in the islands today, with only some medium-level clouds.

August:
The Professional Association of Teachers, a trades union for teachers in the UK, has called for video-sharing website YouTube to be closed down.

September:
Two systems to watch this morning.

October:
October 1st, and the weather has taken a change.

November:
November is here, and carries on the way October ended: grey and drab.

December:
I'm going to start off with a venting of the spleen.

14 comments:

  1. Great idea , hee heeee .love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have copied you and done the same.  Yours are far more interesting lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is really interesting to do. :o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea; fun to read what your first lines were; enjoy the new year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading yours...and the others that have done this....it is a great idea.  Have a wonderful weekend...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this idea of a meme thing ,though I do not do them in my journal,I realy enjoy reading others though.Very interesting.Take Care God Bless Kath
    astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't remember YOU ever doing a meme.... well, this one's a little different.  it's an easy one, guess I'll do that too!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that too.  Pretty clever....I'll have to dig back into my archives and see what I can do.  Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this too cool... I think I originally saw it at Mosie's...
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is pretty neat.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was cool.  I like how you ended with a line telling how you're going to start off! lol
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good idea, liked your last entry!...bella x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked this idea.  Saw it at Lisa Jo's.  I started back through mine and noticed that my pictures from my AOL albums were gone.  I'm missing the newest Adobe flash player.  Ugh, I downloaded it but still no slideshows.  Oh, well, I'll be using photobuckets and others.  Still this is a great concept for the new year.  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved April's.  What a great name.
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete