Sunday 26 November 2006

del.icio.us / AOL 'improvements'

Anybody participating in this? It is a links-exchange basically, and my link (under username ADB42) is somewhere in my sidebar.

I was pleased to note the comments on my post "AOL is not talking to itself".
I do not get personal to people when I have a gripe against an organisation (like AOL). At the end of the day, I am deeply moved by those who endeavour to improve our lot by attending all manner of conferences on the advancements on the Internet. Web 2.0, Widgets, Woo Hoo, you name it. I would like to suggest that the AOL experience be bucked up first, before we improve it further. Although we're now on version 9, AOL doesn't feel that much better than the version 4 I unearthed somewhere over a year ago.
I suggest they talk to people like Mozilla, who manage to make upgrades to their excellent Firefox browser totally painless and user friendly. I upgraded to version 2.0 recently, and I only had to download the latest version of this del.icio.us plug-in. That was all. And it's still working.

2 comments:

  1. I am so afraid to try new things!  I'm always afraid that it's going to goof up my computer and I will not be able to UNgoof it up!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember AOL when it first came out.  I had it in 1995.  MUCH better now.  It was amazing that it even worked back then LOL!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete