Tuesday 14 November 2006

Journals bits and pieces

Stephanie (of BamBam fame, our techie person) has come back from the dizzy heights of a Web 2.0 conference in 'Frisco to find J-land in a technical mess. There was another journals outage this afternoon (US time), and she has specifically apologised to us folks in the UK for a host of problems. I'm sure our friends across the ponds are implicitly included. She will now get on to techie people elsewhere within AOL, and hopefully deliver us from the AOHell we've been experiencing. I think we ought to give a bit of support to Steph.

Those that have Jim Halliday on alerts will have had 13 alerts from him to what appears to be one entry. That's not the case. Our great-granddad is so proud of his great-grand child that he posted the same post 13 times this evening. Better go over and congratulate him; he needed a bit of a fillip after being in the doldrums over Remembrance Sunday yesterday. Correction: a technical glitch meant the entry was posted 13 times by AOL; not by Jim.

It's midnight up here; I'm not going to stay up until 1.30 a.m. again, like I did yesterday. I bid you all goodnight, and more tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I let her & Jeff know, in comments I was not happy. I'm in the US & it's been AOHell here too!
    Sug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good night!  David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did receive all of those alerts for Halliday.  I thought it was AOL!  LOL!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Pam your last commenter ,I got 13 alerts from Jim and thought it was AOL  lol I guess he was pleased ?     ;>)  !! .....love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete