Tuesday 14 November 2006

Tuesday

It would appear that Jim's 13 entries are the result of a technical glitch at AOL. Hey, heard that before, LOL.

I have also discovered, thanks to Connie, that journals look different if viewed in a Firefox browser. Graphics in the sidebar can spill over into the main body of the text, which does not happen in Internet Explorer or the AOL browser.

This morning, a ship came into port at 9.30, called the Discovery, callsign GLNE. I went on the Web and found out that she is a research vessel that had just spent a few days out at Rockall, 250 miles west of here in the Atlantic. They must have had one hell of a time, what with the bad weather we've been having. You can find out about her on this website.

The weather is very changeable today, with some magnificent cloudscapes.

6 comments:

  1. Wow,I just love your  photos!!
    Lots of times AOL Well you know_,won't get me into your journal. :-(

    Have a NICE DAY!!
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed looking at the ships information. That was a cool website, Guido!  Thanks!
    LOL on Jim's 13 entries. I wondered about that.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are some great clouds....
    Have a great day!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are beautful pictures, I love them. Especially the one of the clouds.

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's that "big sky" gift again.  We've got clouds today as well, nothing quite so breathtaking.  Ours are small and gloomy, tend to make for moodiness.  Ugh.  CATHY
    http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the funniest e-mail from Jim in response to the comment I had put on one of his 13 entries. I said I suspected he might not even know it happened until it was called to his attention as the same thing happened to me, only my entry only repeated once.  That is a glitch to end all glitches.  He still thought he might have pushed the wrong button.  I don't believe there exists a 13 entry button!  Gerry

    ReplyDelete