Saturday 18 November 2006

Internet Explorer 7

A few weeks ago, Microsoft brought out Internet Explorer 7. I decided to download it this evening, and I've been sweating blood over here. It knocks you off-line when you close the last window, asks you about every ActiveX-control that you want to run and it's a blinking nightmare. Why they were unable to update IE 6 to 7 and retain the settings is beyond me, but such is the power of Microsoft I suppose.

I think I'll just stick to Firefox, which is a good deal more user friendly. The only thing is that the browser within AOL is based on IE, so I have to deal with it to some extent.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that you are having so many problems. I haven't had any new problems since I updated it. The activex thingy has been a nuisance for a while. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to GET RID of mine also...it was just a nightmare...not only did it come up once, it would come up 4 times...like it was loading 4 times...as you said, cutting things off.  I wish they would get their act together at Microsoft!!  Take care!!!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck Guido
    natalie

    ReplyDelete