Saturday 25 November 2006

Time

Natalie asked the questions: "were you ever late" and "what is your concept of time".

Was I ever late? Yep.

I normally do go out of my way to be on time, and hate being late. Circumstances etcetera sometimes do put paid to that though.

Time is the 4th dimension, the only constant in our lives. It marches on inexorably, and we have NO influence over it whatsoever. Although clocks and the like are a man-made invention, designed to mark off points in life, time itself was there before the solar system existed, and will continue beyond its expiration, in 5,000 million years' time. Only within 'black holes', which have such strong gravitational fields that even light cannot escape does time appear to get warped.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how "time" can get warped?  This is very interesting to me.  I should think it might be something I would read on if I have more time.  I can't see how "time" in itself could be warped.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concept of time? sounds very scientific. Good answer Guido...
    We live with time, all the time
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete