Tuesday 19 December 2006

Bondo

This is a very rapid update on tropical cyclone Bondo, which leaves me concerned. This system is forecast to pass 80 miles to the north of Madagascar, with winds of 160 mph, gusting to 190 mph.

I have just researched the Madagascar news media, which appear to be blissfully unaware of this severe cyclone. As matters stand at present, Madagascar can expect tropical storm force winds and heavy rain, as of tomorrow.

To the north, the Seychelles also stand to get a swipe of Bondo, in the shape of 50 mph winds, correctly forecast on the Seychelles weather service website.

2 comments:

  1. Hey There, I googled Bondo and your site came up - Amazing :) I too love to track cyclones, typhoons and hurricanes - my passion. I live in Darwin NT so we get a bit of action. The season is starting although not expected to become lively until January. Anyways keep posting away for Bondo and I will keep logging in. The next time we get sustained wind Im going to hopefully get some great footage and do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Guido!
    that scares me too!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete