Tuesday 15 May 2007

Cruiseliner and sunsets


We have another cruiseliner in: a Russian boat as it happens. It is called the Professor Multanovskiy. She is 24 years old, was built in Finland for polar exploration. Later in the summer, she will sail north to Spitsbergen to circumnavigate this archipelago. If you follow the link, you may find more info on this trip. You need to shell out a couple of thousand, but it seems very interesting. Spitsbergen lies north of Norway, on the 80th parallel. The Professor M. is due to depart from Keflavik, Iceland, on May 27th for the first of her summer trips,

As I said a few days ago, the sun is setting around the 9.40pm mark, and the evenings are becoming VERY long. Last night, I went to bed after midnight, and it was still light to the north. The below picture has been digitally enhanced..

3 comments:

  1. Russian ships are certainly well built Guido. Kerry worked on a ship called Marco Polo and originally she was a Russian icebreaker...the ship not Kerry...lol! She told me that she was VIRTUALLY unsinkable.

    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it looks cold and grey up Norht! it is grey windy and rainy down South :(
    Valerie
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that photo of the cruiser.  Sorry you are having trouble with your camera.  I have not paid much attention to the changes but notice them in other journals.  Be back tomorrow to see if tech problems have ben sorted out.  I had to uninstall aol so now I am back to the truncated version that goes with free, still waiting for my on line phone number to be ported.  Then will decide whether to download aol so as to get back the ability to make links.  I can't make links at the moment, because I can't copy them and paste.  Strange.   Gerry

    ReplyDelete