Friday 25 May 2007

Alerts and other stuff

Alerts remain non-functional, but my fave journals are all on Technorati, and have called round - as you know, I'm not an assiduous commenter.

Noted a question about the J-land Convention. It was agreed in March that we would try to organise one for March 2008. Gina [motoxmom72] went through the motions, but found it not possible to make it happen this year. I hope it will come off next year.

John Scalzi's assignment for this weekend is: bad TV you watched as a youngster. My sin? Dallas. Found it on UKTV the other day, with JR, Bobby, Sue Ellen, Pam, Cliff Barnes, Miss Ellie and Jock. Relatively tame in comparison with today's soaps - that I totally do not watch. I only listen to The Archers on BBC Radio 4.

Weather here is showery and cold, and that is heading south into England. I gather that today's temps in London exceed 20C; not 60 miles to the north, at Bedford, readings are only 13C. More on the weather this Bank Holiday weekend here.

4 comments:

  1. It's a holiday weekend here in the states, did you expect anything else?  The two seem to go hand in hand.
    GRRR
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent had an alert all day ...used top love Dallas ....love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sigh, I wondered at first why I had so many less e-mails:)  I AM getting the alerts that pop up when someone's just posted a blog at the same time I'm online, or, I got one.  Tha entry was not sent to me via e-mail alert.  Maybe it'll give me something to catch up on later, or when going manually:)

    You're NOT an assiduous commenter?  ;)   (feigned shock here.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooops I found Dallas too and everything that used to impress me as a kid looks so tame by todays standards, and like you I give the modern day soaps a miss!! bella xx

    ReplyDelete