Tuesday 29 May 2007

Tuesday notes

Wet and cold in the islands, with the mercury stuck at 9C. Read that residents in the American state of Arizona have been warned against the emergence of snakes, because of the hot conditions. If a snake is spotted, it should NOT be approached, as many are deadly poisonous. I think I prefer our rain, to be honest. I'm not scared of snakes, in fact I once was allowed to handle one in the Serpentarium in Skye. It's not slimey or anything. The creature actually got more and more lively, as my hands warmed it up. It also licked the raindrops off my jacket - it was a wet day when I visited.

The Netherlands have spawned many crazy TV programs - Big Brother is a Dutch invention, and now reality TV has really gone bananas over there. A terminally ill woman has decided to donate her kidneys to the winner of a contest. More details here.

5 comments:

  1. Like you I think I woulld prefer our rather wet weather to having it so hot that snakes enjoy it !!  We had a slow worm in the garden the other day, Mary saw it and started shouting "there's a snake in the garden!!" well it was quite thick and long around 20 or so ins.  I don't think she has seen one before. It soon slithered away so I didn't need to touch it.  Gla dto report that the sun is out again here in Box and it feels quite warm.  Sybilsybil45

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes make me cry.  I get so freaked out, that I will cry.  

    You know I'll take rain any day though...  :-D

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has a snake. It's a little Corn Snake. He's the only snake in the world I'm NOT afraid of! LOL!
    Have a good day...Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I cant stand to even think of a snake being near me. Makes me shudder just at the thought.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been cool to see the snake take the water from your jacket!  Eww... that tv show sounds awful!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete