Thursday 17 May 2007

Thursday notes

Still pretty p'd off at the fact that I cannot log into my journal from the Firefox browser - I'm now on AOL, which is just a pain. My links are all on Firefox, and I find myself switching back and forth. The other thing I don't like, in common with most, is that my slideshows have now become some sort of psychedelic photoshuffle without captions. Not happy.

Anyway, it's a cloudy day but dry - high winds in the offing. Two of our guests have left after a night's stay. They were the complete opposite to the very pleasant lot the night before. Enough said. One other chap arrived yesterday for 5 nights, and he'll be walking the island.

Alan Johnston, the BBC reporter who is being held captive, is having his 45th birthday today. Hope he is freed soon, but with an Al Qa'eda element amongst his captors, that hope is slender.

Two trains, travelling on opposite sides  of the Korean peninsular, and in opposite directions crossed between North and South Korea. It is a historic landmark in the difficult history between the two nations, divided after a bitter war in the 1950s.

1 comment:

  1. Joe has the direction to do pictures the old way.
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete