Thursday 24 May 2007

Missing children day

Joe the Journalseditor pointed out that May 25th is Missing Children Day. I have received numerous emails with the portrait of Madeleine McCann, the now-4 year old girl missing in Portugal for a couple of weeks. I have a strict policy of not relaying images of children, even in this case. Neither do I place images of children on this blog. However, I cannot deny being touched by her plight, and hope she is found safe and well, and soon. The cynic in me immediately intervenes to ask: how about the other 450 kids that go missing in the UK every DAY, and that are NOT the object of a media frenzy? I'm sorry.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you....what about the others? They are just as important. That happens here, too. ONE child will get the media attention when there are LOTS missing. It always irritates me.
    Sometimes I wonder if it's because maybe the family is rich or something like that so they can buy the attention. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartedly! The thing that infuriates me more than anything in the Madeleine case is it could of been avoided if her parents had not left her alone in a hotel room. These people should not be allowed to raise children. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, every child missing is a tragedy...

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel strongly about this  subject!!Far too many tragic cases in our country as well!!! I have posted pics of my children on my blog though.I guess each ones personal choice.Take care,Guido

    ReplyDelete