Wednesday 16 May 2007

Spit, crackle, hiss

Not a happy bunny this morning. I cannot log on to my journal from an external browser (what I normally do), so am currently on AOL. I rarely use that. Prefer Firefox.

Second thing is that my camera has developed a fault, which means it will not zoom in. That is likely to mean me without camera for a considerable period of time, while the thing is away for repairs. Blast.

Third, it would have been nice to have been forewarned that this upgrade to AOL Journals was due today. OK, it's nice to have some more features, but the way I just got unceremoniously booted off AOL didn't make me any better in temper. Neither has that problem with uploading images been resolved yet.

It's also just started to pee down with rain, and I cannot photograph the cruiseliner Alexander von Humboldt that came into port a minute ago. Alright, I have a number of pics of it from previous years. But being unable to zoom means that it's practically invisible at half a mile's distance. Right, let's have a cup of coffee.

12 comments:

  1. And all our pics in the little box where we have arrows to go back and forward have been magically transformed into slideshows! Right back to my very first entry they've changed them all! Why are they allowed to ride roughshod over us?! Hope you can get your camera fixed soon, we have our first sunny morning for ages here! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the words of David.................. chaaaaaaaaaanges.
    GRRRRRRRRRRR
    I don't like that they decided to use my name in comments either!!  
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happened to me. My zoom on my camera died. I've got to get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRRR! I know the feeling my friend.
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hearing a lot of complaints about things with computers...hope it all clears up...never comes back...make it a good day..
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babe, I drink coffee alllllllllllllllllllllllllll day long.  There's a reason.  LOL

    I find it kinda weird that our names are on the comments though.  Like I shouldn't sign my name to the comment because then it'd be repetitive.  ??????  More coffee then...

    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I agree with Donna on using my name....that needs to be changed too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like idea that they seem to "fix" things that don't need to be fixed! ggrrr!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AGREE WISH THEY WOULD HAVE WARNED ABOUT UP-DATE, WANTED TO ASK HOW DO OU LIKE FIREFOX??HAVE HEARD ALOT ABOUT IT. HAVE A GREAT DAY, OH YEAH PLEASE SEND SOME OF THAT RAIN TO FLORIDA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made my 1st entry for awhile, to find changes. Not too sure what I think about the "add images" bit; will get used to it I suppose, same as I have my snails pace aol connection. Take care.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. They won't fix what needs fixing, They tend to mess with items that we never really use nor care to. Once again the old axiem if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Sorry to hear about your camera hon! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just never know what to expect next ,...love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete