Wednesday 16 May 2007

Continued displeasure

Let me start with the good news, even if it leaves me with a big red face: my camera is working perfectly. Last night, I took the picture of the misprint in the P&J with a setting that does not allow zoom. Forgot all about it and panicked when I couldn't zoom in on the cruiseliner. Its passengers all thronged into the library to use the Internet for free; on board they have to pay for the pleasure.

The bad news is that I still cannot log on to journals to make an entry. I can leave comments though. Apart from that, I have complained to Joe the Journalseditor about the use of our first names in the comments. Val [valphish] turns out as Morning Val!, would you believe. Can I ask people whether they can add pictures from Flickr - I can't. It's not there, when you're prompted for the source of your image. It would be very useful to me, as all my pics are on there, and a lot better than on AOL.

Improvement? Well, I'll reserve judgment until these gremlins are sorted.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice they now have our names on the comments. I'm still upset over AOL pics being a slide show of sorts now. I sometimes like a slideshow, but when I do, I'll do it myself. I liked having my pics with the captions. Now all the captions are gone & the pics are out of order! STINKS!
    Esp on the Pet Memorial, now the pics just go by without the names of pets & owners.
    Plus I read in one journal, that a kid went to look at the pictures not realizes it was  a flash (slide show ) now & went into a grand mal seizure & had to go to the hospital.
    :(
    I like the more colors for text, but so far that's all I see I like.
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've edited your welcome screen to contain a name real or nick that is what the comments are picking up.  I removed mine all together and it changed back.  As for pictures I use photobucket and use the URL option.  I tested it quick and it works fine.  
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guido LOL at red face....happens to me A LOT!  I have found that now I can actually insert photos in my journal for the first time in my journal!!YAY!! Glad yr camera not broken!!Take care, Shauneen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think something interesting is going on whatever it is.  There's always something with AOL.  I tried accessing journals last night and couldn't at all.  Thank goodness it worked this morning.
    Blessings.
    Kellen

    ReplyDelete