Sunday 29 October 2006

Adoptions of black cats suspended

A black cat won't cross your path this Halloween, not if a northern Idaho animal shelter can help it. Like many shelters around the country, the Kootenai Humane Society in Coeur d'Alene is prohibiting black cat adoptions from now to Nov. 2, fearing the animals could be mistreated in Halloween pranks - or worse, sacrificed in some satanic ritual.

(from AOL News. Pictured: Kootenai Humane Society shelter executive director Phil Morgan defends the ban. "If we prevent one animal from getting hurt, then it serves its purpose" Morgan said.)

How sick can you get. I had a black cat for 15 years, and the loveliest animal to humans you could want. Mind you, he was an unneutered tom, so other cats (apart from females in season) could expect a good going-over if coming too close.

7 comments:

  1. The shelters around here prevent the adopting of either black dogs or cats this time of year. White ones also I believe. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... first time I hear this... how cruel! we have a cat "Clyde" (my daughter's name is Bonnie) and he is black... he is the most wonderful cat I ever had, no need of a liter... I love him. nothing satanic about him... he is so communicative and good company
    I could adopt the human being on the photo though :D
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu know, that is just plain sick that this actually has to play into adoption of these beautiful cats. But sadly it's the world we live in :(  I would love a black cat.

    Hugs
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it...SICK!
    But unfortunately that's the world we live in. I hear every week of animals tortured or killed, simply for the "fun" of it!!!!
    Blessings, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. People never cease to amaze me with their cruelty, we had a case a few years ago in Hove where some kids got hold of an old ladies' cat and tortured it before cutting it's head off. I think they should have the same done to them. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGGG... You must be excited about all the nominations you have received! I only have one nomination, so I hope you will vote for me. (smile) It wont be too much work, I promise. Only one!! Best College. Yep, that's the one!! Glad you are not competing with me!! =.)

    http://journals.aol.com/winivere2002/TheGlassBox/

    By the way, you might also want to add me to your side bar. (smile)

    P.S. That's a cute guy in the picture. Is he married?!#

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaawwww ..Grooossssss!EWWWWW!
    that is just too disgustinga nd revolting to think about!
    YUkkerino!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete