Monday 23 October 2006

Monday Monday

After this morning's rain, the weather is slowly brightening up. Our guest set off at 9 o'clock this morning to take the bus to Carloway, then walk back. You're talking about a 26 km / 16 mile hike. I've done it once in the opposite direction. I didn't set off until midday, and I had to catch the last bus back - which leaves Carloway at 5pm. Needless to say, I pressed myself hard and managed to cover the distance in 4½ hours.

Oh, by the way. I like lampooning; you know, a bit of gentle mockery. I thought the Fifi awards were just that. Take down the VIVI's to their proper level. But the final results from the Fifi's look more like an exercise in nastiness. I'm disappointed. I've left it to others to be more forthright.

Could people offer some encouragement to Myke at Moodymyke7? Just encouragement to continue writing. I sense some dejection creeping in with this lady, that I do not know much else about. It would be a shame.
A similar request for support to KerryAnne who continues to find it very difficult to come to terms with the loss of her child, who was stillborn not that long ago.

I'll be out to the shop shortly, and am up to date with alerts. Wow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guido, I seem to always miss those nasty things that happen in the blog area...
    what exercise and what was nasty?
    I think I already said congratulations. I am happy that you enjoyed the whole ViVi project.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome how you mention people and encourage people to go to journals of those that need encouragement...  This says so much about your character...  God Bless
    MaryAlice

    ReplyDelete