Thursday 29 March 2007

Bullying tactics

You may remember the video I posted some time ago about a security company ADG (sic). A lady startled awake in her bedroom amidst noises that suggested intruders were about. She pressed the button on the box on the wall, which put her in touch immediately with the ADG home office - in New Delhi. Followed a whole string of interruptions to the service call whilst the 'call centre' worker dealt with complaints from users of other companies.

The video merrily sat on my YouTube account for about 6 weeks, until today. I had a copyright infringement notice from ADT (sic), the security company, which operates both in the US and the UK. If I want to fight it, I'll have to go to court or something.

Now, I do appreciate that the ADG logo looks suspiciously like ADT, which is probably the grounds for the infringement notice. But someone hasn't got a sense of humour, and if I ever need a security system, ADT are most definitely NOT going to get the contract.

5 comments:

  1. UH! I can't believe this world! :o( NO ONE anymore has a sense of humor anymore I've noticed around here or anywhere! :o( I'm so sorry Guido. ;o( My heart goes out to you. I still have my sense of humor....thats what life is about!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud and commiserated with the woman in the video Guido.  It was a great skit.  Very humerous.  Isn't it unbelievable?
    Another journaler friend of mine was warned of copywrite infringement when she used music in the background of her family photos.  She was told the same thing as yourelf.  It seems we have to be careful of infringing the rule we automatically agreed to when we signed up for utube.  I don't have albums on their as such only music videos of artist I like to go back and listen to in my favourites file.  Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found it's not so much a sense of humor, but rather a fear of being made to look as ridiculous as they really are. Sometimes the truth hurts. I'm sorry they are being this way, those who know you realize you meant well. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall watching that video when you put it out there.  Wow...so it made someone a bit pissy, huh? Sheesh!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have to be so careful don't we Guido?! When I left a comment on a YouTube video I said it was 'a sweet pussycat', got a window up saying I wasn't allowed to use offensive language! I had to change it to kitty cat! Lol! I still think your video was funny even if ADT doesn't! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete